Our VisionRestoration Safaris embraces tourism that combines a commitment to delivering the richest and most memorable holiday to our clients, with a commitment to East Africa's conservation efforts. This vision reflects the passion and dedication of the company's Tanzanian owner, Elibariki ("Bariki") Laiser, who has more than 20 years of experience in the safari business, and is highly respected by his peers.
Throughout the planning of your itinerary, and from your arrival in Tanzania to your departure, Restoration Safaris will deliver the highest quality of service to you, while making every effort to conserve and restore the environment.
We ensure that your journey will have a minimal environmental impact by:
- using well-trained, professional and responsible safari guides who adhere to park regulations and ensure minimal disturbance of wildlife;
- using camps and lodges that have a reputation for good environmental awareness and practices, and that encourage community development programs; and
- offering alternatives to vehicle safaris when appropriate, e.g., walking, biking or kayaking safaris.
We improve awareness and appreciation of natural resources amongst local communities by:
- employing guides who are native to the area,
- encouraging local businesses that favour the protection of the environment, and those that are directly linked to the conservation of natural resources, e.g. manufacturing bio-fuel briquettes or making recycled paper from elephant dung,
- visiting area schools and implementing environmental awareness activities,
- facilitating school trips to National Parks so that children can see wildlife in its natural habitat, and
- sponsoring environmental awareness events in local villages.